Dance in the dark, dine with friends and be awarded for ridiculousness at LeedyPalooza
LeedyPalooza - where Leederville opens its doors and stops traffic to make room for Perth to get involved in this all-inclusive community based initiative.
After the runaway success of last year’s LeedyPalooza events, Leederville Connect along with the City of Vincent once again combine to create the ultimate Leederville experience. With nine separate events planned for February, Leederville is set to shine as a venue for music, food, entertainment and culture.
Newcastle Street, near the Oxford Street intersection, will remain closed for the duration of the LeedyPalooza event opening it up to create a Village Square atmosphere.
“Leedypalooza is an award-winning, whimsical and wildy fun adventure in Leederville, and we are so excited to welcome this back again,” said City of Vincent Mayor Emma Cole.
“Vincent will be supporting the events with road closures, so people and local traders can spill out on the streets. Leederville is the place to be this February! Please come join us.”
On Sunday 10 February 2019 is Unfair Day: The best worst family street fair. Ever thought a lucky dip was just too lucky or that a fortune cookie was a little too kind? Try out the Unfair Day unlucky dip and crack open a misfortune cookie- LeedyPalooza is turning the iconic street fair on its head and mixing it up LeedyPalooza style. Unfair Day is a free event (seems a bit too fair for Unfair Day but we’re not complaining).
The party continues at LeedyPalooza on Sunday 17 February with Dancin’ in the Street. Be sure to wear your dancing shoes, and if dancing is not your thing, come on down and watch the ultimate dance off show down! No matter what your moves are like, LeedyPalooza invites you to dance with the family, a bunch of friends or encourages you simply to come solo to wow the spectators! All dance moves are welcome at Dancin’ in the Street. It is a free event, and at no cost there’s no excuse not to dance on down.
Complementing these two fabulous days are a string of specially themed evenings, designed to showcase local cuisine and culture;
• Latin Fiesta – Friday 8 February – 6-10pm – immerse yourself in a night of Latin American culture and join the ultimate street party
• Block party – Saturday 9 February – 6-10pm – Leederville gets dirty with its own block party featuring hip hop DJs, MCs and B Boys and B Girls
• Long Table Dinner – Wednesday 13 February – time – Leederville’s famous Long Table Dinner is back so you can dine under the stars to delight your senses
• Leedy L’Amour – Thursday 14 February – 6-10pm – romance is alive on the streets of Leederville on Valentine’s Day with a nod to streets of Venice, roving minstrels, pop-up opera and Italian theatre
• Funk Club Presents- The Hustle– Friday 15 February – 6-10pm - bringing a disco inferno to the streets with a show of hot stuff unlike any other, featuring live music, DJs, and Perth faves The Funk Train
• Bunuru Djirup – Saturday 16 February – 2-5.30pm – experience an exotic mix traditional and contemporary indigenous and non-indigenous music as we celebrate the Noongar Summer season of Bunuru
• Saturday Night Fish Fry – Saturday 16 February – 6-10pm – get down to the rhythms of hot brass and New Orleans flavours with Junkadelic Brass Band and Bambuseae Rhythm Section
LeedyPalooza is proudly presented by the City of Vincent and Leederville Connect and supported by WA Housing, Lotterywest, Synergy and Channel 9 and premium community media partner, Community Newspapers.
LeedyPalooza promises to be one of the most exciting additions to the Summer calendar this year.
For events details find your way to www.facebook.com/leedypalooza
All LeedyPalooza events are free with the exception of Long Table Dinner.
Tickets for this can be obtained from https://leedypaloozalongtable.eventbrite.com.au