The virtual concert Music From The Home Front is now set to be available on double CD, coloured triple vinyl and digital download, for release from 19 June…
- All profits from the album will go to Support Act
- Over 25 unique and exclusive performances by Australasia’s greatest musicians, from their homes to yours
Anzac Day is special in Australia and New Zealand. It starts out sombre, millions gather at moving dawn services, reflecting in silence and paying tribute to the men and women of our armed forces.
The haunting bugle sounds of ‘The Last Post’ remind us of our commitment: “Lest We Forget”. The COVID-19 pandemic provided cause for a similar mix of sombre reflection and meaningful celebration. Frontline workers in health and essential services were emerging as the soldiers of this war against COVID-19.
Frontline workers in health and essential services were emerging as the soldiers of this war against COVID-19.
Families and communities were finding new ways to connect and feel closer than before, there was an overwhelming feeling that we were indeed ‘All In This Together’, which became the opening song of the show.
We had just nine days to pull together Music From the Home Front. A show this big should take months. I am so proud of the results, humbled by the reaction to our incredible musical talent, and now so pleased to bring you this album to commemorate that special night.”
CEO of Frontier Touring and Chairman of the Mushroom Group
Mushroom Group is thrilled to announce the release of Music From The Home Front on double CD, triple vinyl, and digital download.
This unique compilation of iconic songs and classic covers was recorded and broadcast for the premiere Anzac Day virtual concert event of the same name.
The double CD is to be released in Australia on Friday June 19. The triple vinyl version, which will be pressed on 180g premium coloured vinyl, individually numbered and presented in a deluxe gatefold sleeve, will be released on Friday 31 July (subject to change). Each and every copy of the triple vinyl that is pre-ordered will be signed by Michael Gudinski – a true collector’s edition release. And in a subtle touch of irony, it was a triple vinyl release that kick started Mushroom Records with the legendary Sunbury triple set in 1973!
Music From The Home Front is available to pre-order now.
100% of profits from Music From The Home Front are going to Support Act – Australia’s only charity delivering crisis relief services to artists, crew and music workers as a result of ill health, injury, a mental health problem, or some other crisis that impacts on their ability to work in music. Support Act which was established in 1997 to provide members of the music industry with breathing room to get back on track when they have hit a rough patch.
Music From The Home Front features exclusive contributions and collaborations from the cream of Australasia’s musical crop including Jimmy Barnes with Ian Moss and Diesel, Crowded House, Tones And I, Missy Higgins and Tim Minchin, Vance Joy, Bliss n Eso and Kate Ceberano, Mark Seymour and James Reyne, Delta Goodrem and Colin Hay, Dean Lewis, Guy Sebastian, The Rubens, DMA’S, and many many more.
On Saturday 25 April 2020 the Australian and New Zealand music industries came together as one to commemorate Anzac Day and pay respect to frontline workers during the COVID-19 pandemic with Music From The Home Front.
With traditional live concerts, tours, and festivals currently impossible, an unprecedented line up of more than fifty Australian and New Zealand artists instead turned to television and the internet to perform a spellbinding selection of their own songs and covers live from their homes.
Conceptualised by Michael Gudinski with help from legendary Australian rocker Jimmy Barnes, the special was broadcast live on the Nine Network in Australia, Three in New Zealand, and YouTube internationally, and was a commercial and critical success.
Music From The Home Front brought Australians and New Zealanders together in a time of adversity, allowing a moment of respite in these troubled times whilst honouring COVID-19 frontline workers and commemorating Anzac Day.
Music From The Home Front
CD and digital album out 19 June 2020 through Bloodlines
Vinyl album out 31 July 2020
Available to pre-order here
Music From The Home Front tracklist:
1. Michael Gudinski – Welcome Speech
2. Jimmy Barnes – Working Class Man (feat. Diesel)
3. Ben Lee – We’re All In This Together (feat. Jack River & Lime Cordiale)
4. The Wiggles – Handwashing Song
5. Tones And I – Forever Young
6. Mark Seymour – Throw Your Arms Around Me (feat. James Reyne & Hannah and Eva Seymour)
7. James Reyne – Reckless (feat. Mark Seymour)
8. John Schumann and The Vagabond Crew & Archie Roach – I Was Only 19 (A Walk In The Light Green)
9. Bliss n Eso – Moments (feat. Kate Ceberano & Vince Harder)
10. Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
11. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
12. Paul Kelly – Every Day My Mother’s Voice (feat. Jess Hitchcock)
13. The Rubens – Live In Life
14. Jon Stevens, Andrew Farriss & Isabella Manfredi – Never Tear Us Apart
15. Delta Goodrem & Colin Hay – Down Under
16. Vance Joy – Lay It On Me (Smartphone Isolation Version)
17. Missy Higgins & Tim Minchin – Carry You
18. G Flip – About You
19. DMA’S – Better Be Home Soon
20. Lee Kernaghan – Spirit Of The Anzacs (feat. Amy and George Sheppard & Jon Stevens)
21. Shane Howard – Solid Rock (feat. Vika & Linda, Emma Donovan, Troy Cassar-Daley & William Barton)
22. Guy Sebastian – Battle Scars
23. Birds Of Tokyo & West Australian Symphony Orchestra – Unbreakable
24. Vera Blue – Regular Touch
25. Jack River – Fool’s Gold
26. Jimmy Barnes & Ian Moss – When The War Is Over (feat. The Barnes Family)
27. James Morrison – The Last Post
*release date is subject to change